Family travel means more than a kids menu these days. Starwood’s Le Meridien hotel properties have teamed up with LEGO to make their junior guests feel welcome from the moment they arrive.
- Family travel is a multi-billion dollar industry, and hotel brands like Starwood’s Le Meridien are doing something about it.
- Le Méridien , the Paris-born hotel brand currently represented by nearly 100 properties in more than 35 countries, just announced a fun new partnership with danish toymaker LEGO. As part of the the company’s family program, properties worldwide will now welcome kids with playsets including the LEGO Go-Cart for ages 5 to 12, or for the toddler set, a colorful Lego Duplo kit. More interactive offers will be rolled out as Starwood’s Family Program gets underway throughout the year.
- Full press release follows:
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) today announced a global partnership between Le Méridien Hotels and the LEGO® Group to offer a complimentary Welcome Amenity to children checking-in to any of its more than 100 hotels and resorts worldwide. Just in time for the summer family travel season, children up to age 12 will be greeted with a complimentary LEGO toy to enjoy during their stay and take home as a keepsake from their travels.
- “Travel broadens a child’s perspective of the world, expanding inherently curious and creative-minds,” said Brian Povinelli, Senior Vice President, Global Brand Leader for Le Méridien and Westin. “Our exclusive partnership with the LEGO Group encourages families to unlock their destination through imaginative free play, strengthening bonds and creating memories that are sure to last, and the LEGO amenity sets the tone for this upon arrival at our hotels.”
- The LEGO Welcome Amenity is the first feature that will be offered in the brand wide, multi-faceted Le Méridien Family program, which will debut this fall. Le Méridien Family will focus on illuminating, immersive and inventive experiences for the entire family, to ignite imaginations on-property and unlock the local destination for both parents and children.
- “At the LEGO Group, creativity and exploration are essential, and we recognized in Le Méridien a similar spirit and mentality,” said Soren Borup, Senior Product Manager for Merchandise & Promotions, the LEGO Group. “We are pleased to partner with this global hotel brand to offer their exclusive Welcome Amenity for families, enabling more children across the world to get a hands-on LEGO building experience.”